Sunday, March 8, 2009

San Diego Outside

College students love to party and have a good time, but sometimes there needs to be something called moderation. I am in a fraternity and I go out drinking and partying with my friends, but its not all there is to do San Diego. Sadly, most people don't realize that.

San Diego, in my opinion, is by far the best place to live in America because it has everything. You can go to the beach, hike mountains, snowboard, and dirt bike out in the desert all in the same day. There is so much to do out here that I feel not too many people take advantage of. For example, today I went on a beautiful hike through the hills of Poway. It was absolutely amazing, I had no idea that there was such a beautiful area in San Diego. Going hiking today really made me realize how much is really out there and all of the things you can do in a day for FREE! The best part of hiking is there is no cost except for the cost of gas to get to the place. There are no entrance fees to hike, bike, or swim out in the open.

After today, I made a promise to myself to go hiking at least every other week. Just to take a few hours a month to get some fresh air and stretch out my legs outside of the gym is so relieving. Once you are out on the trail there is a sense of relief and as if there you don't have a care in the world.

I want recommend to anyone that lives in San Diego to go hiking or get on your bike and just go to some trail. It is so rewarding and more likely than not you will fall in love with the outdoors. If you do not know anything about hiking or trails or anything check out SDoutside.com they have done all the work for you. SDoutside.com gives a list of everything you need to go out for a hike. It also gives you all the information on trails throughout San Diego. It is a great site that I recommend to anyone interested in exploring the outdoors of San Diego.

Nothing makes a good weekend into a great weekend like a nice hike through San Diego's back country. Whether it is Mission Trails or the hills up in Poway, nothing compares to getting out on the trail on a beautiful sunny San Diego day.

-Jason Kirby
Jason-Kirby.com

1 comment:

  1. "Hi:

    Two things

    1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on Frontline for our website

    2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

    The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]

    Frontline is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

    What’s in it for you?
    Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete